We had a Dr. this morning who was very honest. This was in a way a relief and in a way very sobering. He said Stephie is very sick but stable. Said the risk of seizure is…well a definite risk. Her blood work is holding and he says that’s okay with him, it’s better than getting worse. Her kidney’s seem to be working and that’s great.
She can’t eat or drink only ice chip at least until 7 tonight.
Her recovery may be slow and we’ll need to watch her even after she’s home (he’s talking weeks to a month).
The wonderful nurses in the neonatal unit surprised Stephie by bringing Baby Girl over to see her. Baby G looks amazing, bright eyes, alert but oh so tiny… Stephie and Jon were glowing while they spent time with her.
The issues with Baby G are her blood sugar and eating and holding down formula. The neo. Dr. will check her soon.
Stephie is on some major pain meds and is resting quietly, no visitors today. Mom of Stephie is camped out in the waiting room and will not leave the hospital till further notice…
I know I’m asking a lot, but if you’d take a second and utter a prayer for my sweet Stephie and our Baby Girl. I’m asking The Father if He’d let them both take a big turn for the better. I’d love to see that and breathe again…
I hope I can one day tell you how your words have held me up and given me hope over the last 24 hours. I’m praying for each one of you to be blessed big time … did that make sense…? still no sleep and I’m really doing great with the exception of spelling, grammar and sentence structure…love you~Robin